Saturday, April 18, 2009

Looking for tool to maintain php created website?

I took on a website created in php and now hosted at yahoo. I can (and have) edit the php files to change text, but I want to redesign the tabs and other aspects of the site. Should I do sitebuilder? or someone suggested Joomlah cm? It is a pretty simple site with text info, and form (applications, enquiries) submission (no animation, no registration). For background I am not a web developer, but feel I can handle a wysiwg tool and get addl help when I need it. I have a laptop running XP. I%26#039;d prefer to stay hosted by yahoo so would like something compatible, but I am not opposed to moving hosting if need be. I did look through all the questions in small business web hosting category already, but didn%26#039;t see this specific question so I thought I%26#039;d ask in the broader audience. Any help would be appreciated!
Looking for tool to maintain php created website?
When it comes to a CMS, Drupal and Joomla are pretty neck-and-neck these days in terms of popularity. Though my vote would be for Drupal, not just for features but also elegance of design from a software engineering perspective. They just added a lot of really good new features in version 6.0 recently.





For actually working with PHP code, and having a visual tool as well, I recommend a combination of NVU and ActiveState Komodo Edit. Both are free.
Looking for tool to maintain php created website?
Try Drupal





http://drupal.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment