Saturday, April 18, 2009

Where are customer/booking details stored?

Hi there, I have to do this assignment. Basically ive been asked to suggest suitable technologies for building a intranet for a small size business (40 employees) with connection to Internet.





The business is an internet travel agency - selling holiday packages. So far I have established...that The company will require a Ethernet using either a Star-bus topology, routers,a high speed internet connection, and could either host its webpage using a web host service, or purchase a webserver to host it in-house. The latter one is the dearer option, requiring expertise etc..but I have not been given any budget so I just might suggest it.





MY QUESTION - for the booking the packages..i guess I need a secure payment solutionthat customers can make their payment through. If I buy such a solution externally, how would the storage and transfer of customer details/booking work? And where would you suggest storing it - have a in-house database?





SOrry for the Long explanatioN!!
Where are customer/booking details stored?
I%26#039;m afraid I can%26#039;t help you directly but why don%26#039;t you phone / email some Travel agents - direct your query to their IT department. I%26#039;m sure you%26#039;d get someone who would help you. Personally I think phoning and asking to speak to someone in their IT department is best, that was you should get an immediate response.





Good luck!

vb

No comments:

Post a Comment